Friday, July 31, 2009

Oak view

Hello world! I am still on this planet so here is an update from Oak View. We are settling in very nicely here. It is hot during the day but very nice in the evening. I have met my neighbors and feel very lucky. I have so much left to do but have given myself a year to complete everything. That is sort of my patent time frame for most things....learning a new job....catching a halibut.....losing 10 pounds....ya. Today I said goodby to the last truck load of junk. There have been 5 dumpsters and one truck load to get rid of the shit left by the old owners. Yesterday some men came by to sell me fertilizer, grass seed and "vitamins". Instead I talked them into hauling junk. They said they would be here 6:30 to 7:00 (ish) so when Dani and I drove up at 7:39, I was very embarrassed and made some lame excuse why we were late. At any rate, down the road it went. So that was the one thing that I did today toward my goal...(each day I do one thing to improve the house). Soon I will announce a house warming party and hope everyone can come. For now I will sign off with my new address to follow:
131 Olive Street
Oak View, Ca 93022
Love to all....

1 comment:

Susannah said...

Oh I wanna go to a house warming party! I haven't seen you guys in forever! Stupid work and school and clinicals, and, well, life!